Sunday, January 14, 2007

Potting Shed


After reading the "Garden Shed Hall of Fame", I was inspired to blog for the first time since November! Christmas is over and the gardening catalogs are arriving. Here in Dallas, we are bracing for the Ice Storm of the Century (grin) that isn't materializing and I am immersed in my catalogs. Wish I could've brought along my old potting shed, but I couldn't, so I guess I'll start planning my new one. This spring, I hope to get the patio screened in and a good start on the backyard. I hope to plant a multi trunked crepe myrtle and some plants I couldn't bring to the new house with me. I hope to snag another Bridal Wreath Bush (my old one is in the first photo) and a couple of Forsythia. I have a couple of wonderful gardening friends who I know will help me whip this yard in shape. C'mom Spring...you can do it!!!

3 comments:

MrBrownThumb said...

Hi,

I like your shed. I wish I had the room for something like that. I especially like the trees makes me think that are would be a great spot to sway on a swing.

:)

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog.

gardenmomma (Chris) said...

Thanks! I liked my shed, too! We've moved to a development with teeny lots and rules two miles long...so I don't know what I'll do, but there will be another! We had a hammock under the trees behind the shed that my daughter would spend hours in. I sure did enjoy your site. I will visit often and learn much, I'm sure!

Ula Heximer said...

"Oh, so have you finished your new potting shed? That can be a pretty fun project to do in the spring or summer. Working on the backyard while nature is in full bloom would be pretty nice! And to top it off, you'll have a shed to use all year long.